One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Monday, November 15, 2010

2011 Topps Baseball Preview Cards

Gotta say, I like the look of next year's Topps base set.  I'm particularly impressed by the gold parallels (I assume that's what the Ichiro card is) with the all gold background and only the player in color.  With this being the 60th Anniversary of Topps I'm actually debating taking on the insane mission of collecting an entire set of the Gold parallels...Read more at http://www.cardboardconnection.com/baseball/sneak-peak-card-gallery-2011-topps-baseball:

2011ToppsGallery Sneak Peak Card Gallery: 2011 Topps Baseball

3 comments:

  1. I have to say I really like the preview of next years cards. I think the design is nice and I'm hoping that the gray area around the name isn't foil. Not everything has to have foil. I'm a sucker for oddballs and those die cut diamond cards and kimballs are great. I love the turkey red inserts from the last 2 years and minis so combine the 2 i'm going to have to so after the set. Even the sticker auto designs look good. Not to impressed with the diamond duos dual relic but you can't have it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to welcome you to the block and say thanks for the nice post over on the crack. If you haven't found the sports card blog roll yet is here. http://bdj610scblogroll.blogspot.com/ and I would email JayBee who maintains is and get on the list. You'll get a lot more views and followers, cuz you got a nice little blog here. And if you need any cards for your update set I've got a shit ton of extras laying around so I would love to trade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm curious to see what those die-cut diamonds look like as well. I'd definitely be open to doing some trades for the Update Series (I have plenty of doubles from Series 1 and 2 as well!) Once I get my home internet connection up and running again (just moved to a new place) I'll have to post a list of which cards I need

    ReplyDelete