One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Friday, April 5, 2013

Grappler 'Graphs - Part II

For those who missed the first post - 2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling is a higher-end release, with each box containing 5 autographed cards.  The cards are done in the same style (and small, square shape) of the original 1948 Leaf Baseball cards.  The entire set is 51 cards, and there are a lot of pretty big names in the set.  Each card has a few different variations of differing rarities, including colored backgrounds and alternate artwork.  All of the autographs are on card, not stickers.  All in all, a very nice looking set.

Today I am featuring 2 more cards from my first box of Leaf Originals.  Both are former stars of WCW:  Buff "Buff Daddy" Bagwell and "The First Lady of WCW" Missy Hyatt!




My friend Matt had a good laugh when he found out I pulled Buff's auto, as he knows that I hated Buff's character when he was a regular back in the late 90s.  Matt loved the guy (though he may have been saying he did just to annoy me).  I will admit that Buff wasn't all bad, and he did give us some truly memorable TV segments when his mom was briefly a recurring character on the show, highlighted by the infamous "Judy Bagwell on a Pole" match.




Unfortunately I saw very little of Missy during her active career.  Her heyday was the late 1980s-early1990s, and at that time I watched WWF almost exclusively.  She was a manager/valet for a number of wrestlers, including "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert and the Steiner Brothers.  She also spent several years as a commentator, at times feuding with fellow commentator Paul E. Dangerously (better known today as Paul Heyman, the current manager of CM Punk and Brock Lesnar).  I have heard her on radio shows at F4Wonline.com a few times and she sounds pretty cool.  One thing's for sure, she definitely is NOT afraid to tell you exactly what she thinks of other people in the wrestling business!

No comments:

Post a Comment