One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Platinum Diamonds - Another Step Forward

This week I hit up what was seemingly the last remaining "you pick" lot on eBay for 2011 Platinum Diamonds and snagged 10 more that I needed.



(Gonna have to do something about that broken scanner, this "taking pictures with my phone" thing isn't gonna cut it.)

That brings me up to 520 out of 990 for the full set.  (Not counting the Hall of Fame SPs....yet....)  Unfortunately it is becoming very clear that finishing this set is going to be a looooong-term project, and also a bit pricey.  To this point I've been able to selectively hit the "pick X number of cards" lots to get just the cards I need at around 30-45 cents per card, however now that we are 3 years removed from this set's debut those eBay listings are few and far between.  It isn't hard to find any individual card I might need, but you usually have to pay more like $1 per card for the single card listings.  There are a couple big lots out there right now but they are the "you're buying the whole lot, take it or leave it" type, and I have too many of the cards in the lot to make it worthwhile.

As always, if any of you out there in the blogosphere have some of the Platinum Diamonds I need, I am willing to trade.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment