One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Wright Stuff

I can probably count on one hand the number of cards I have that are numbered to 10 or less.  Oddly enough, two of the cards I do have are from the same player - Mets favorite David Wright.  Even odder, both are #8 out of 10!


2013 Allen & Ginter Silk

2008 UD Masterpieces Gold Frame

A lifetime .298 hitter with 231 HRs, 910 Runs and 943 RBIs, Wright has been among the better players of the last decade. Not a bad guy to pull a rare card of!

I absolutely LOVE those gold framed-Masterpieces.  I've been trying to add one of each color frame to my Griffey set, but unfortunately they don't seem to come up very often on eBay.  Worse, Griffey has TWO cards in that set!!

For the record for any Mets fans out there, I could be persuaded to part with these....

No comments:

Post a Comment