One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Contest Winner Announcement

Time to announce the first ever contest winner at the blog.  But first we'll reveal the player on the card:

He's a Hall of Fame inductee.....



















He holds the record for most career 3-Home Run games with 6.....



















He played for the St. Louis Cardinals, New York Giants and New York Yankees, winning 5 World Series titles while with the Yankees from 1949-1953.......
































He's Johnny Mize!


No one guessed Mr. Mize, so I had to randomize the winner:


Congrats to The Lost Collector!  I will contact you shortly sbout sending out your prize.  Thanks to all who entered the contest, and thanks again for reading!  I look forward to another fun year here at the blog.  :)

3 comments:

  1. D'oh, I went with the modern Cardinals instead of the old timers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is awesome, especially with Mize being shown as a Yank. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I guess he's a Giant there actually, so I guess the Yankee karma didn't help. Still appreciate Mize helping me win.

    ReplyDelete