One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Batch of Topps Wrapper Redemptions

I got my first batch of wrapper redemptions in the mail this week.  Thanks a lot Topps...now I have 60 more Platinum Diamonds to collect!!  :)


I especially like the CC card with him looking off into the distance.  He'll always have a special place in my heart for that magical half season in a Brewers uniform in 2008.


Awesome.

Previous Trivia Question:

What dubious distinction is held by pitcher Ken Johnson?
 
Answer: He is the only player to ever throw a complete game no-hitter and lose, when his Houston Colt .45s fell to the Cincinnati Reds 1-0 on April 23, 1964.  The winning run was scored in the top of the 9th inning by Pete Rose via an error, a groundout, and another error.
 
Today's Trivia Question:
 
Carroll Hardy is the only player to ever do what?

No comments:

Post a Comment