One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Friday, April 1, 2011

Trade with Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius

I recently completed another trade with Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius.  I sent him some Topps Kimball minis, and he helped me get a little closer to my Platinum Diamond goal:


That brings me to 93 out of 330 for the Series 1 Platinum Diamond set - it's definitely looking like a long-term proposition if I'm going to get them all.  Thanks for the trade Matt!

Previous Trivia Question:

What Hall of Fame pitcher tossed the only Opening Day no-hitter in baseball history?

Answer:  On Opening Day of the 1940 season, Cleveland's Bob Feller no-hit the Chicago White Sox.

Today's Trivia Question:

I actually didn't know this until just yesterday when I went looking for Opening Day trivia, but my boy Ken Griffey Jr. is the co-record holder for most home runs on Opening Day with 8.  What Hall of Fame outfielder is he tied with?

No comments:

Post a Comment