One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Hits From Pack Wars

About a week ago I posted the crazy good hits I saw pulled during my last trip to Pack Wars.  Today I'm posting the few that I snagged that night.  Much less impressive, but still fun!
#1 - Mark Sanchez Jersey Patch from 2011 Panini Threads

#169/299.  A nice looking card, though I don't care for Sanchez at all.

#2 - Hunter Pence framed mini jersey from 2011 Allen & Ginter

I've really grown to like these framed mini cards.  That border looks really sharp!

#3 - Dale Murphy leather nameplate from 2011 Topps Series 2

I'm still not a big fan of these faux-glove leather cards, but at least I got a player I like.

Previous Trivia Question:

What is the record for most RBIs in a single game?
 
Answer:  Jim Bottomley (on September 16, 1924) and Mark Whiten (September 7, 1993) are tied with 12 RBIs in one game.
 
Today's Trivia Question:
 
Who were the 5 members of the inaugural Baseball Hall of Fame class?

No comments:

Post a Comment