One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Monday, February 28, 2011

1992 Score Select Chase Stars - 4 more down, 10 to go

The 1992 Score Select Chase Stars insert set is one of my absolute favorite inserts of all time.  These cards look SO COOL in person - different parts of the card just jump out at you as you move it around in light, and at times the player almost looks like he is backlit by an electric light!  If you are a fan of any of the players in this set (see checklist below) I highly recommend tracking down their card - it will make a great addition to your player collection!

I decided last year that I was gonna try to collect all 24 cards from the set, and I've slowly been working my way through eBay to get them all.  Yesterday I found a seller offering several of them for a buck apiece, and with combined shipping I was able to check 4 more cards off my list for just $7 total:






That makes 14 out of 24 that I have so far. (Well technically I have 15, since I do have a copy of the Griffey, but in this case I want to get a second one so I have one in the player collection and one in the set collection)

1992 Score Select Chase Stars Checklist

1-Fred McGriff
2-Ryne Sandberg
3-Ozzie Smith
4-Gary Sheffield
5-Darren Daulton
6-Andy Van Slyke
7-Barry Bonds
8-Tony Gwynn
9-Greg Maddux
10-Tom Glavine
11-John Franco
12-Lee Smith
13-Cecil Fielder
14-Roberto Alomar
15-Cal Ripken Jr.
16-Edgar Martinez
17-Ivan Rodriguez
18-Kirby Puckett
19-Ken Griffey Jr.
20-Joe Carter
21-Roger Clemens
22-Dave Fleming
23-Paul Molitor
24-Dennis Eckersley

1 comment: