One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Trip Through the Quarter Box

While attending Pack Wars last week I noticed some 2010 Topps Chrome Cards in the $0.25 "random star cards" box, so I went back to see if I could make a dent in my need list.  It ended up being a very worthwhile trip! First off, I came up with 7 Chrome cards I needed, so I'm down to about 28 missing cards for that set. (As an aside, I finally found a nice thing to say about the way those Chrome cards curl - it makes them very easy to find when looking through a box mixed with all different sets!)

Second, I found a whole stack of 2010 Topps Magic minis. There were 35 total, including one pigskin parallel numbered to 50 and 5 black bordered minis.  I didn't have my checklist handy, but I decided to chance it and buy them all anyway in the hopes that I would need most of them.  It paid off for the most part - I needed 19 out of the 29 white bordered minis and all 5 of the black borders - so I only spent an extra $2.50, and I'm sure I'll find a place for the doubles as part of a trade.

I also came across a Griffey I didn't have:


Yoink~!


And finally, by far my favorite card of this bunch:

2009 Topps American Heritage Heroes Chrome #46 Theodore Roosevelt - The Finest (Serial #d to 1776)(Baseball Cards)

A super shiny chrome of our nation's most badass President, serial numbered to 1776 (natch)?  For a quarter?  Hells yes I'll take that.   I just feel like I'm insulting Teddy's memory only paying 25 cents for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment