One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet Yount Card from eBay

It's been a hectic few weeks, and I apologize for the blog being a little light on posts recently.  However, I've got a whole bunch of cards scanned in and ready to go now, so there is going to be a lot of good stuff coming over the next couple weeks.  I'm also going to debut a new feature for the blog this week to coincide with the start of the 2011 baseball season (hint: it's going to involve Strat-o-Matic Baseball), so be sure to tune in!

For today, I have a really cool card my girlfriend Jo found on eBay:

Stadium Club Member's Only from 1992-93
An awesome card capturing one of the great moments in Brewers franchise history.  I still remember when the Brewers came home to County Stadium and Yount was sitting on 2,997 hits, and my Mom telling me I could pick just ONE game to go to.  As an optimistic 10 year old, I of course thought Yount was fully capable of getting 3 hits in one game, so I chose to go to the first game.  Unfortunately "The Kid" only got one hit that night, and I missed my chance at witnessing history in person.  Looking back I don't feel too bad about it, because while my older and wiser self wouldn't have picked the game when he was 3 hits away, I would have gone the next day when he was only 2 hits away, and he only got one hit that game too.

On a side note, it's funny looking at the extremely old school County Stadium scoreboard on this card when we are just 10 days away from debuting a brand new, state of the art scoreboard at Miller Park.  We've come quite a long way since that old black and white board!

No comments:

Post a Comment