One Man's Thoughts on Sports Card Collecting

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trade with Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle

The moment I hinted that I had pulled a Dodger hit in my box of Series 1 Topps, Greg from Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle was ready to do a deal.  He happily took my Clayton Kershaw auto, and in return he sent me a couple sweet hits for my collection.

First, a nice bat card of The Kid:

Greg had also offered me a card of a former Milwaukee Admiral that is now skating for their parent club, the Nashville Predators.  I told him that I don't really collect hockey much, but I would take a card of former Admirals-turned-Predators goalie Pekka Rinne if he had one, not that I actually expected he would.  To my surprise he quickly replied back that he did indeed have a Pekka auto!:

Thanks for a great trade Greg!

One more thing - as a teaser for my next post, I reached a big milestone in my collection this week.  Tune in next time to find out what it is!

2 comments:

  1. Pekka certainly seems to have the Blackhawks number. But most goalies do these days. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the Kershaw and the great trade!

    ReplyDelete